Thursday, January 10, 2013

Do you want to read a diary?


Have you ever wanted to read someone else’s diary? Here’s your chance. When I wrote Behind the Signs, I set out to write a book that is as much like a diary as possible and still keep the literary style in place. Only the dialog is mentioned word-for-word and that’s just the way it has to be. Parts of the story are quite redundant and this I do know. But please keep in mind that in order to draw you into the actual lifestyle of homeless individuals, I had to keep it that way. The editor agrees. If you want a fairytale, read Mary Poppins because Behind the Signs is not for you. If you want a real-life story, a diary of sorts, take the time, and place yourself far into the real world of homelessness and read deeply, not just the surface. You’ll not regret it. This is the type of feedback I am receiving regularly. People are saying they must stop reading and reflect for a moment before continuing. I guess maybe I should take my telephone number off my website but I’ll keep it there until it gets to be too much.

Until next time,
Kirk Toncray
WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment