Monday, January 7, 2013

You Get What You Pay For

I have come to the conclusion that there are some things that just aren't worth skimping on. Well, I kinda knew that already; anyone who has read Behind the Signs knows that, but I always figured that if I paid the bare minimum for a website, who would know the better? Well, after having a 'freebie' website for neary four years, then finally evolving it into a paid site, purchasing my own domain name, I found it to be far more attractive. I didn't have that pesky website creator's name hanging onto the shirt tail of my site. Then, with a little help from Google Analytics, I discovered that I wasn't generating the traffic that I would like. I knew very little about how different search engines use different techniques. I thought that the more the site was visited, the higher the ranking, subsequently the higher up on the search engine the site would be. I also found out that recently, Google changed the way they rate websites and which order puts then towards the top on the search results. Knowing this, and still hesitant, I did some more research and found that if I want my site to be competetive with others, I'm just going to need to shell out some bucks and get the package one step above the one that I already had. That turned out to be the Gold package, which is also on the top of the list that the company I use has. It does make a difference, now my site's key words are more focused and will hit a broader audience than just my name or the name of my book.

Until next time,
Kirk Toncray
Click here for WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment