Monday, March 18, 2013

Slow Down and Change?


It’s been a while since I wrote on this blog and for that I apologize. It's been a little crazy lately and I will make no more excuses than this:

I had been working diligently on a speech to give at a local college on the effects of homelessness and how to avoid getting into such a mess in the first place. In that process, I managed not only to drain myself of energy and funding, (don't ask), I managed to lose a friend as well. We had only been friends for a few months but it hurt deeply all the same.

I also found my ass in the hospital after a massive seizure and a huge gash in the back of my head because I neglected to take my medication. I was told in the hospital to start eating properly and quit eating at Micky-Dees, just because it was fast and convenient. After the speech at the college was over, I ate a small meal at home, had a bowl of ice cream, let the doggie lick the bowl, then immediately went to bed. This was about 7:00 and I didn't wake up until about 10:00 the next morning.

I am now told by a dear friend, who also just so happens to be a pastor, to SLOW DOWN, and that I am taking on too much. Here's the problem: If I slow down and laze off, who's going to take up the slack? The homeless persons out there can't just give up because they get a little tired. In NASCAR if the car is pushing a little in the turns and the driver pits while running in the front of the pack, the car owner is going to have a very serious talk with that driver.

I took the day off today, well, yesterday. The only thing I did was go and get a new modem because the old one failed and there was no internet connection. No problem, three connections and a call to Comcast for a reset and all is well.

I have an appointment tomorrow, today,  to get the staples pulled out and more than likely get my ass chewed from my personal physician. My grandma has surgery, and numerous things need attention. As far as rest goes, I guess one day is too much. I’m sure you’ve been there too.

Until Next Time,
Kirk Toncray
WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment